Data Protection

Data Protection Act 2018

Maintaining the right of confidentiality is important for all Health & Social Care organisations. If you want to ask us for information which we may hold about you personally then this will be dealt with under the Data Protection Act 2018. This would include information relating to health and social care records, employment and training records – anything which is limited to you as a person whether as a patient, employee or partner of any kind.

Find out how we process your information in the links below:

Fair processing notice leaflet for Service Users

Fair processing notice leaflet for Children

How we use your information poster for Children

How we might use your information poster

Freedom of Information Act 2000

If the information you want is not about you personally, then it will be dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act.

Read more about Freedom of Information

Making a request for personal information

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 you are allowed to ask the Trust for “personal data” held about yourself.

If you wish to make an enquiry about data that relates to yourself, then please complete the form entitled 'Application for Access to Health/Social Care Records' which can be accessed by clicking here.

Responding to requests

When we receive your letter we may be in contact to clarify exactly what information you require and inform you of the charges there may be for supplying it.

You will be asked to send us proof of identity – a copy of a formal document or bill with your name and address on it or your driving licence or passport.

Once we have received all the necessary documentation we have one month under the Data Protection Act 2018 to provide the information requested - in exceptional circumstances some requests may require an additional two months to complete.  If information is withheld we will tell you why we are unable to disclose it.

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way in which we deal with your request, you may complain to:

Or, if you feel we have failed to disclose information without good reason you may apply to a Court for disclosure.